St. Giles'

©Katharina Pierre©Katharina Pierre

St. Giles' is the smallest of the five major churches in Lübeck's Old Town and is adorned with Gothic wall paintings and elements from the Baroque and Renaissance periods.

It is the smallest of the five major churches in Lübeck's Old Town and lies at the centre of the former craftsmen's district and Ackerbürger on the eastern slope of the town centre's hill towards Wakenitz.

Today's three-naved hall church dates from the first third of the 14th century.  St. Giles' is magnificently adorned with Gothic wall paintings and elements from the Baroque and Renaissance period and has numerous works of art. The carved choir (1587) by Tönnies Evers the Younger is a particular highlight as well as the Gothic wall paintings in the choir and in the tower hall. 

Aegidienstr. 75
Tel.: +49 (0) 4 51/70 56 22 

Opening Times:
Tues - Sat 10 am - 4 pm